The Capital Highlander Tour takes you on a day exploring three great local producers in the Southern Highlands of NSW. Includes transportation, lunch and plenty of fresh craft beer , wine , mead and cider! Departs Canberra or Goulburn.
The Capital Highlander Tour takes you on a day exploring three great local producers in the Southern Highlands of NSW. Includes transportation, lunch and plenty of fresh craft beer, wine, mead and cider! Departures from Canberra or Goulburn.
When: Saturdays. Check the calendar on the right for upcoming available dates in bold.
9:30am - BentSpoke Brewing Co, 38 Mort St, Braddon.
10.30am - Trappers Bakery, 4 Sowerby St, Goulburn.
Duration: approximately 9.5 hours from Canberra. 7.5 hours from Goulburn.
Number of guest per tour: maximum 10 people per tour (contact us for information on larger groups).
Behind the scenes tours of a brewery and a winery, a heap of fun facts about beer, a good number of beer, wine, mead and cider tastings throughout the day, an amazing lunch, transport in our air-conditioned buses, snacks and water, and an awesome tour guide.What to bring:
sturdy closed shoes, camera.
1. Departing Canberra at 9.30am, we will head up the Highway to reach Goulburn at approx 10.30am, where we will stop and stretch legs, and grab a coffee from Trappers Bakery. It is here we will meet up with guests who will join us from Goulburn and surrounds.
2. After leaving Trappers, we will head to Eden Brewery where we will meet up with Deb and Jacob, owners and brewers. You will be taken on a behind the scenes journey through the brewery, along with sampling a range of their amazing hand crafted ales. We will get time to chat with the brewer and staff and perhaps even grab a squealer or growler to sample after the Tour has completed.
3. With our heads full of brewing knowledge, we head down to Moss Vale to the Southern Highlands Brewing and Taphouse for an amazing meal consisting of 4 delicious bites matched with 4 equally delicious beers. This curated experience is designed to highlight the versatility of beer and how easy it is to match to food.
4. Back on the bus, we will head back towards Mittagong, taking the scenic and picturesque back roads to Artemis Wines. Here we will conduct a wine tasting, along with some matched snacks provided. We will also sample some of their amazing mead and cider!
5. Now it's time to leave the Southern Highlands and head towards home. We will drop any passengers from Goulburn back at Trappers. The Canberra group will be dropped off around 6.00pm back in Braddon.
Drop off: approximately 6:00pm back at BentSpoke Brewing Co, Braddon. Or around 5:00pm at Goulburn on the way through.
Please note, while this is our usual itinerary, the order may change slightly due to brewery operations. Start times are fixed, however drop off times can change slightly depending upon traffic and other factors. Our guides/drivers do everything they can to have you back as close to the drop off time as promised.